jueves, 29 de marzo de 2012

Words' contractions

Hi! Today I'm talking about contractions. These are words that we create from two or more words. This way is faster to type and talk. There are different kind of contractions:

 1-Typical contractions. Ex: We are very good friends - We're very good friends.

 2-Informal contractions. These are the contractions that we always see in songs.
     Ex: What are we going to do? - What are we gonna do?

 ·Now I'm going to talk about the second one. These are usually used to talk with friends as they are informal. There are a lot of them, but I'm going to say some.

 -Gonna: going to

-I'mma: I am going to/ I am gonna

 -Wanna: want to

 -Gotta: got to

 -Outta: out of

 -Tryna: trying to

 -Ain't: am not/are not/is not (is not very used)

 -Gimme: give me

 -Lemme: let me

 -Ya: you

 -Hafta/havta: have to


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario